Wednesday, June 22, 2005

No story is interesting without some facts about the person....so, I'll try to brush over it quickly.

For the best part of my life, I grew up in Bangalore, a city in Karnataka state, south of India. My native language is "Kannada". By God' grace, I had a very happy childhood, sharing it with my caring brother and parents. I beleive that a person should be considered very blessed and lucky to experience a normal, healthy childhood. This is the best that parents can give to their children. A happy child = a happy and normal Adult. I use the word "normal" here in the context of "mind". I have seen and heard many sorrowful stories of adults who were not lucky enough to have a happy childhood experience. A healthy mind is equally or even more important for the wellbeing of a human being's life. Alright, I know you have got my point now!

I got married to a wonderful and loving husband. We love each other very much and also share common interests and dreams, which makes me feel all the more blessed.....wow! seems like I am on a count-my-blessing spree here..... : )

I moved to USA after getting married. This is a great country, but, of course I do love India, too. One (USA) is like a husband, who gives you all the luxuries of life. It gives you love, too, but, nothing is really certain. It's a gamble....for some it can be very lucky, but, for some it might be otherwise. But, of course, I consider myself lucky here. On the other hand, my homeland (India), is like a mother who nurtures you and will be there for you, no matter what.

I beleive in God and have faith that whatever happens, happens for the good. Man proposes, God disposes. When we do something, we should put our best efforts and take whatever comes.......it is not whether we win or lose, but, how we play the "game"........
I am a very optimistic person. I do feel sad at times, with what life throws at me, but, then, when I realize that there are so many millions of people who are not even a fraction as lucky as me, I stop looking down and get right back on the positive track.....

My opinion of money is that it cannot buy happiness, love or time that has gone by. So make the best use of the time that is still in your hands....it's alright to take unpaid vacation! ; ) Just take it easy.....life can be made very simple....it's all in our hands......we have the power to make that decision. Don't let money control our lives....The same goes to "Media".....I really feel sorry for children who grow up with their eyes and brain fixed on those "idiot boxes". The Media has a very strong influence on peoples lives. Especially the fashion industry. One day they show girls in low rise jeans and guess what, the next day all the ladies are wearing low rise jeans, even if they don't fit well in them. Just recently, they have come out with long skirts....oh! you must have already noticed.....look around and all females, young and old are weraing skirts.....but, you know, it looks so much better than those low rise jeans!

Well, you'll get to know me better with time. : )

Yes, I know what you are thinking......I said that I will "brush" over, but, this seems more like "scrubbing" eh?! ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home